Sunday, September 19, 2010

Age... when did it became just a number?



Today is Mayfel's 25th birthday. I needed to go to Subic for a business trip last friday to install 2 servers to my company's hotel clients (Lighthouse Marina and Subic Grand Seas Resort) so we decided to grab the opportunity and celebrate by going on a trip with the kids. The plan was to go to Subic, spend the night there to finish what I had to do, then to Manaoag Shrine in Pangasinan the next day to attend the mass and a surprise lunch at Isdaan Restaurant in Gerona Tarlac.

While on the car as we were leaving Manila, I recalled Allan asking me the other day about Mayfel's age. I also recalled Allan and Becky laughing as I replied, "Wait.. di ko alam e. Compute ko pa".. "25!". That thought in mind, I told Mayfel, "Oi, 25 ka na pala a..". She replied, "Ah talaga? Parang hinde.. feeling ko 18 pa rin ako e. Kasi Parang tumigil na mundo ko nung nagkakilala tayo e..". I was touched and speechless.. then I said to myself, "she's right!". I myself can't remember my own age without having to compute for it. When asked, the first number that will come to my mind is 25.. my age when Mayfel and I met. Then I thought, "is it really like that? Does age become just a number when you have already found the right one?"

A lot have already happened during the years that Mayfel and I have been together. Like any other couple, we've been through ups and downs and even lefts and rights. Like them, both of us have changed.. a lot. We've grown busier and had our own daily priorities. We've also learned and discovered a lot more of our differences and sometimes have fights because of it. But unlike other couples, we did not let those issues get into us and become a growing wall that will eventually ruin our relationship. Instead, we use them as steps that will help us improve our relationship for the better. Physically, we age.. but our hearts remain very young and our love very strong and ready for future ups, downs, lefts and rights that life will bring.

Mommy Mayfel, another year has been added to your age and in 7 days, in mine too. We still have a long way to go and a lot to go through. Hope you remain strong with our relationship as we have been in the past years. In 6 days, we will be celebrating our 8th year anniversary.. hope we'll have hundreds more. :) And in those years, hope nothing will change.. we will still stay crazily in-love and still crave for.. (*wink wink*). Let's stay forever this way... you 18 and I'm 25. I LOVE YOU, Mayfel... Happy 25th Birthday.





















No comments:

Post a Comment